photo 1-home-1.jpg photo 2-about.jpg photo 3-sponsor.jpg photo 4-faq.jpg
 photo header.jpg

Wednesday 18 July 2012

LOTD || Books #4

Aloha Sprinklerinos,

Today's LOTD is slightly nerdy- books! I am a self confessed bookworm so I thought it might be nice to bring that into blogland a bit. Wednesday's LOTD can either be a book you have read and enjoyed or a book you plan to/would like to read.

Wednesday will always be : Books.


Today's book will definitely not be to everyone's taste as I suppose it is a 'religious' book, although that's not how I viewed it when I picked it up after a friend told me she read the whole thing in 3 days. 

'Heaven is for real' is the true account of a little boy who whilst in theatre, died, experienced heaven and was then resuscitated by doctors. You might well think the notion of this is a load of old rubbish, but as a believe in God and heaven myself, I found it both fascinating and comforting. 

I won't go on about it too much because I would hate to thrust my beliefs upon you but I thought it was a BRILLIANT read. I read the whole book in one night, found it easy to digest and have since lent it to several other people who also loved it.



Here is a snazzy little widget to take you straight to the book on Amazon, where you can find out more about it. If you don't like Amazon, it is stocked in lots of other places so do feel free to have a look around. 

If you would like to join in, simply copy and paste the image above (please link this blog with it), find your favourite book and share it with the world. Feel free to let us know in the comments if you have done this and we can all mooch about together!

Do you believe in heaven?  
(I realise that is a big question, of which we may all have different views and ask that we respect one an other in the comments x)

Toodlepip!

xx

This month my Ultimate Advertiser is Confessions of a Secret Shopper. If you would like to know more about advertising on Sprinkle of Glitter, check out my 'Sponsor' page up at the top!

23 comments:

  1. I definitely think I'll have a look into it :) once again, another great post!! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Defiantly going to be having a peek, still on a journey of deciding where my faith lies. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to get in with this .Simply so I can rave about my favourite books ever! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. II have this book but I haven't read it yet! I am excited to read it, though, when I get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, that was on an episode of 20/20 and barabara walters went ahead and interviewed him. You should watch the episode if you like the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louise, you may be interested in The Five People You Meet In Heaven book too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oohh might try and get that one for a bit of holiday reading! I was brought up to be religious, but i kind of ignore all the bits i dont like... and make up bits i do... like i believe in heaven but i dont believe in hell at all because i think god would let everyone into heaven because he's a nice person... i used to think that rays of sunlight through trees and things was people/animals/bugs going to heaven x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just had a really good look around your blog and I just wanted to tell you how impressed I am generally. I think your graphics, background and layout are very professional but still reflective of the girly, sweet identity you and your blog have. Having read your moving birth story (I'm due on Saturday!) I was inspired to update the links of my blog myself. I wish you continued, deserved success. What a positive, beautiful, hilarious woman you are. Thank you for brightening so many peoples' day! Hopefully, summer will cheer up for you and all of us soon! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Although I don't honestly share your religious beliefs, that does sound like a really interesting book + I'm going to go and order it now! I've done a LOTD Books post too if anyone's interested! x

    http://allthingsnice-xo.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/lotd-books-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. definitely going to join in on this when i've next finished a book - great blog idea!

    http://livflorence.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a nice book! Will have to look into it sometime :) Ixx

    ReplyDelete
  12. II like to believe that heaven is real because it makes me feel better; it's like a comfort blanket. I have been reading a book called "Flowers in the attic" it is the first in a trilogy written by Virginia Andrews who sadly died and had to have someone else finish her books. But I would certainly recommend it to anyone especially a bookworm! :D I love your blog sooo much :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great read, especially for those who do believe. I'll definitely be giving this book a go, thanks for sharing it.

    Sophie :)

    http://thesummerbeforelaw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sound really good, and great ideaa!


    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not religious in any way and don't share your beliefs but this book still sounds really interesting! I'll definitely be checking this out on Amazon!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love books like this, i also find them very comforting :) i havent heard of this one though, will definitely have to give it a read - thankyou :)
    nicola xxx
    itsneecola.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like an interesting book :) xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the suggestion :) Here is my post for the day! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Im going to look into this - sounds like a good book to read. I also believe in heaven and the thought that theres nothing there at the 'end' scares me a little - when i see people on TV talking about their near death experiences and the fact they saw a glimmer of something there it does help to comfort slightly and it fascinates me - i really really want to believe these people that claim they have experienced such things. Thanks Louise :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these types of books. I don't know if you have read the book 'elsewhere' but it has a similar theme whereby it is based around a girls experience of heaven or elsewhere as it is known after she is killed by a hit and run driver. I read it in about 2 nights and really got into it its def one of those books that leaves you thinking afterwards and is such a comfort. Especially to those like me that find the whole concept of death and the afterlife hard to digest.

    Becky
    beckys makeup

    ReplyDelete
  21. This book sounds great. As a Christian I love that you blog about God and I dont believe you should appologise for that x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I do believe in heaven and God, but even if I didn't, this book still sounds like an amazing read, I'm definitely going to have to pick it up :)
    Thanks Louise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. One of my favourite books!!! it just confirms it that heaven is for real and God is there and with us through everyday lives. A lady at my church gave the book to two of her friends at her office, they became christians and got baptised. Even people who aren't christian will enjoy this book!! God bless xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for comment!
Sprinkleofglitter xxx

 photo newer.jpg  photo older.jpg  photo homebot.jpg